hunkle
Thanked 0 time

POLL: New Skincare, Help Needed =)

I've Been Using Ella Bache and feel there is something better out there for me. I want to know what everyone else uses. The most popular WINS and that is the one i'll try.

Posted 16 years ago
butterfly
Thanked 0 time

Re: POLL: New Skincare, Help Needed =)

Posted 16 years ago
SAHM_of_2
Thanked 0 time

I dont really use a high end skin care regimen since my skin hardly ever breaks out...but my sister swears by dermalogica. I just use oil of olay wipes (hides) I use MAC or Stila for makeup......but nothing expensive for cleaning. :twisted:

Posted 16 years ago
Gwynydd
Thanked 0 time

I've started using Natio products. I'm very impressed. You can get their stuff from Grace Bros, health stores, not sure where else. But, they are inexpensive, really gentle and uses aromatherapy principles, so of course they smell yummy! My fave is the eye makeup remover, it gets everything off, isn't too oily, and doesn't irritate my eyes, which get irritated at the drop of a hat!

Posted 16 years ago
mandi
Thanked 0 time

I use pelactive because it is 100% aussie owned and made and  is made from australian native plant extracts. It can be a little on the expensive side, but the resutls are well worth it.
I also sell thier products in the salon i work in, i would'nt sell my clients anything i would'nt use and love myself, if you want more info on it pm me.

Posted 16 years ago
butterfly
Thanked 0 time

Can you get Pelactive in Sydney?

Posted 16 years ago
lady_of_style
Thanked 0 time

I didn't use to use anything except for wipes on my skin and I always got breakouts at the same time every month in the same spots :oops: . However I'm a jurlique convert. I LOVE it, I read in Marie Claire that Nicole Kidman uses it and so does Reese Withurspoon and Liv Tyler yikes . They swear by it so I thought if its good enough for them, it's definitely great for me. I use the Cleansing Lotion, Face Wash Cream and Herbal Recovery Gel and I always have a Rosewater Spray on me. My skin has had NO breakouts since I've used it and I"ve been using it for 4 months now. I have oily skin and I find it really gets rid of the grease at the end of the day. I don't like putting different chemicals on my skin so I find it really reassuring that it is made of 100% herbal extracts - yes, you can eat it! Try the face wash cream, it's made of honey, and oats and feels incredible on your skin. Plus, when you're starting out, they sell a starter pack which is $83, a little pricey but when I compared it to some other big brands out there, that's a great price for skin care! big_smile

Posted 16 years ago
chococat123
Thanked 0 time

i believe there are good and bad products in every brand/line. and i dont follow cults or celebrity endorsements - just coz xxx uses it, doesnt mean its good, and even so, it might not be suitable for you.
try different brands, and stay away from colouring and fragranced products coz they are all potential causes of skin irritation. and remember, more $$ doesnt necessarily buy you better products!

Posted 15 years ago
Morena_Lusitana
Thanked 0 time

I've been using Grace products and Oil of Olay since i can remember  wink

Basically:

Grace cleanser
Grace pH balance lotion
the Oil of Olay Complete as a moisturiser

Posted 15 years ago
butterfly
Thanked 0 time

what are Grace products like? ive never heard of them  :shock:
and where do you buy Grace?

Posted 15 years ago
tracey
Thanked 0 time

Hi - I used to use Dermalogica but for about 8 months now I have been converted to MD formulations / Decleor & Beauty 123. I have combination skin and MD fomulations contains glycolic acid which helps balance the skin and smooth it. I also have pigmentation (freckles) which are fading as I am using these products. My skin is much healthier and fresher looking. For make up I use ID bare essentials from Bare Escentuals (great product and made from natural minerals - gives great coverage and a glow to your skin). These products are very pricey if you buy them from the salon but I have go onto a website where you can purchase them for half price <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.essentialdayspa.com">www.essentialdayspa.com</a><!-- w --> if you want to check it out.
Good luck cos I know it's hard finding the right products for your skin.
Ciao bella big_smile

Posted 15 years ago
Karina_028
Thanked 0 time

OMG...everyone you CAN NOT go past Mary Kay skincare.
Honestly, I knew used to use skincare (apart from the facial wipes to get my makeup off, and soap in the shower) but a lady I worked with sells Mary Kay skincare and cosmetics (it is a direct selling company...the lady who started in back in the 60's was a feminist wanting to give women opportunity to make money etc...so its not just a direct selling company who makes crappy skincare...) I bought some off her. Honestly I can not find the words to explain how great their skincare is. I never really had bad skin, but after using Mary Kay's miracle set for a month...i would NEVER go back!!! I got a friend of mine to try it who has really bad skin and she looks so amazing now. They have the 3 in 1 cleanser, plus their day (SPF 15+) and night solutions (which has active ingrediants...so it wokrs from under the skin) and of course finish with your moisturizer as a proctector for your skin!! ALL AGE FIGHTING!! And the most amazing oil-free eye makeup remover...(im a eye liner freak...and could never get mine off...but this stuff it top shelf!!)
The Mary Kay skincare range has been compared to (in terms of quality) Lorel, Clinque, Estee Lauder etc.
I have free samples I can send people, or can send out our catologue!!
Girls, if you care about your skin...you gotta try this stuff! :-)

Posted 15 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

Posted 13 years ago
killacantdance
Thanked 0 time

i use proactiv and its amazing! its a miracle in a box!

Posted 13 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?